The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Ed. Heuer Chrono.

Recently I started trying to find some info on a watch I got 25 years ago. It is an Ed. Heuer & Co. Chronograph. I saw on an interview that a Chuck Maddox refered to what I think is the same watch. The interview was discussing toward the end of the page, the Ed. Heuer & Co. 125th Jubilee (1985) Chronograph. The interview was
http://www.fratellowatches.com/conversation_with_chuck_maddox_part2.html
but the picture at the end did not come out.

I have one (or at least I think I do) and there is a number on the back 188 205/1 under the inscription of Ed. Heuer & Co. followed by Switzerland.

I find it a bit puzzling as I thought I bought the watch in the early 80's but the interview says it was a 1985, then I must have purchased it then. Did Heuer merge or become Tag Heuer?

Does anyone perhaps have any info on the watch in the interview and do you still have the photo?

I can not locate the chrono on this website.

Thanks for any info you can offer.
Grafton Withers

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE