The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
YEP!! I'll Give You $75 for the Parts
In Response To: Frankenwatch? *PIC* ()

YEP -- sorry to report that it is a FrankenHeuer, and worth only about $50. But because you are such a nice guy, I'll offer you $75 (if you pay the postage). Just kidding, of course.

I get tangled up with all the labels:

• frankenheuer
  • fake
  • put-together
  • reproduction
  • restoration
  • recreation
  • reenactment
  • refinished
  • interpretation
  • continuation

Let's just say that if you are honest about what it is, and what it isn't, the Heuer world will be a better place for the great work that you have done on this watch. It looks fantastic!!

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Gentlemen,

: I would like your opinion. In May I acquired a
: 1940's vintage, Heuer two-register
: chronograph. The dial that was on the watch
: was old and had been re-finished. Although,
: the quality of the workmanship was good, the
: dial was ugly. Subsequently, I acquired a
: factory original dial and replaced the ugly
: one. Does that constitute a frankenwatch ?

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE