The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Of Pegasos and Pateks

I grew up in the 40s and early 50s when there was little info available regarding foreign cars or watches. Being a congenital gear head I had an intense interest all things mechanical. My father read Esquire magazine and around 1950 there was a an article about european cars with a specs chart. After hours of studying the specs I concluded the most impressive car in the world was the Pegaso (from Pegasus the flying horse) from Spain. It eclipsed the Ferrari in speed and cost (about $10k I think) and was at the top of my dream list for when I grew up.

About the same time Mechanix Illustrated had a picture and description of a Patek Phillipe gold chronograph which also went for $10k or so. I quickly added this to my dream list and kindled my interest in watches especially chronographs.

While I have not realized either of these childhood dreams I sure have had fun appreciating the things in reach along the way.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE