The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
A Little Help Please with new Jo Siffert Autavia

Several messages down I posted a picture of the vintage Autavia I just bought. I just compared it to the choices on the Siffert section of this fine forum. It appears that the watch is the second version with hands from the third version.

The seller is a very trusted friend who gave me the history of the watch back to its original purchase by his father's best friend. Apparently both his father and his father's friend wore these to races in Northern California. Both watches made their way to my friend.

What are the possibilities? The watch was a transitional version made originally with a second style dial and third style hands?

It was sent back for service many years ago and the hands were replaced with the later version by Heuer?

I am trying to learn and I would appreciate anyone's thoughts who knows more than me...which makes it just about everyone!

To my knowledge, the watch was never out of the possession of my friend's father's friend (complicated, huh?), so why would the hands be wrong?

Thanks in advance...this newbie appreciates your help.

Messages In This Thread

A Little Help Please with new Jo Siffert Autavia
i think that the hands were....
I Would Guess "Transitional"
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE