The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Chronograph Scales
In Response To: Chronograph Scales ()

: I just received a vintage stopwatch (not a
: Heuer, it is a Minerva). The hands of the
: stopwatch make a full revolution in 60
: seconds, but the number 100 appears at the
: 12 o'clock position, not 60.

: Curious about the scale and what the watch may
: have been used for. Most stopwatches I see
: have either 60 or 30 at the 12 o'clock
: position.

: Any help would be appreciated.

: Thanks

: Tom

Tom-
Many of us who were auto rallyists in the days before calculators preferred stopwatches calibrated in 1/100ths of minutes. It made time-speed-distance calculations easier as there was no need to convert seconds to fractions of minutes. The Heuer stopwatches, including the dash-mounted Monte Carlo models, had optional decimal dials. The Heuer pocket chronographs had both 1/100ths and seconds on the dial. I still have the Heuer stopwatch calibrated in 1/100ths and pocket chronograph that I used for rallying.
Jim

Messages In This Thread

Chronograph Scales
Re: Chronograph Scales
Sounds like a Decimal Bezel... *LINK*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE