The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Sinn-Heuer rallytimers Helmut Sinn interview SCANS *LINK*

hi heuer Lovers,

it was my lucky day, as Jeff Stein wrote me a email about davids de vos "Sinns Rallye-Timers" a few weeks ago.

David and Jeff email me same pics of a set of 2 ULTRA RARE DASH-timers; a Sebring and a Monte-Carlo both signed by SINN and Heuer in the 1960 ties. But what was their story??;

8 week befor Mr. Helmut Sinn personally rung me up in my watchstudio and we talked about Cal. 12 parts and his latest project making 500 !!- New- old -Stock Calibers into a new watch he is bringing on the market in the next weeks.

So he needed a sparepart supplier when any garantie works have to be done on his new-old-watches. Thats how he contacted my company classicheuer to make same business together.

We agreed that we have to meet a.s.a.p. and last week on the way to the intern. watch fair in Munich i drove past Frankfurt and made a interview with Mr. Helmut Sinn myself!!

Mr. Sinn is a living ledgend in german watch historie and is over 90 years old and still starting new watchprojects and working hard over 10 hours in his factory every day too!!Wau, what a personal interview i made, about 3 hours, with him in his Watch Manufactur in Frankfurt last thursday!!

We sat together had 2 or 3 coffies together in the 3 hours talking about Helmut Sinn, his carrier,as a secound world war pilot, africa-rallye-driver winner , pilot-flying-profession and his love to Flyingtimers and navigationpieces.

But especially we talked about his timekeeping work on the formular 1 GPs in the 1960 ties( he told me that he even messured the time /laps from the great GP driver FANGIO!! on Maserati ).

I showed him my Sinn Master-timer from my collection and he told me about the special edition of the Sinn/Heuer Rallye timers in the 1960 ties. They are ultra rare, about 400 pieces only made( sorry david, pal)!

As Helmut Sinn was working in the GP circus , he had a special permission from Jack Heuer to sign a few Rallye-timers because of his timekeeping work on the tracks in F1 for Heuer! So he did sign all the Timers( Master-time clock, Sebering, Monte Carlo) with his SINN Logo and sold them execlusiv on the tracks and from his shop in Frankfurt only to very good customers.

Later he got messt up with jack heuer and they had a fight about the very simular looking Chronographs from Sinn to Heuer! and they did not cooperate any more from the 1970 ties!!

Well Mr. Sinn has sold his brand SINN to a other person but he is still today selling exclusiv watches in little limited editions and timers under his name Jubilar-Uhren in Frankfurt.

Well; after contacting david in USA i have met him in Munich on last sunday at a Intern. Watchshow. We dealed both timers and i have a set of 3 Sinns now onthedash!in my Heuer Box !

David was lucky too, i arrenged a meeting with Mr. Gerd-Rždiger Lang from Chronoswiss and former CEO from Heuer Germany,( showing my new Sinn Timers to Gert-Rždiger Lang he immidently wanted to buy them all 3 in the Heuer Box for a lot of money from me,but ,sorry GERT, no chance) so david, andrea ( from the Heuer section Italy) and me met him on the show too , we had a coffee together and spook to him about Hans Schrag and Heuer in the 70 ties!And Jeff, he was very interessted in your articel about the first swiss timer in space!yesterday i sended him the link! I think that david wose impressed too. BUT THIS IS A OTHER STORY, MAYBE DAVID SHOULD TELL US.??

Thanks & Greetings from germany

Jasper Bitter
www.classicheuer.de

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE