The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Viceroy Autavia *PIC*

I have recently resurrected my Viceroy Autavia that was originally purchased by me at Service Merchandise sometime in the late 70s. As you can see, for whatever reason in my stupid youth, I sanded the paint off the bezel insert when the scarring from an encounter with a cinder block fubarred it and have recently simply polished the insert to match the rest of the watch. Also, from research on other model watches sold by Service Merchandise, I learned that they were prone to switch bands. This is the original band that came on the watch and resembles the beads of rice but, it is a Hadley and has no Heuer markings. Just wanted to share and see if anyone had any comments or suggestions. What would you estimate the value in its current condition? Thanks in advance.
(I apologize for the cut off picture, but photobucket is being contrary.)

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE