The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Strong Price = Fair Price

Let me start with the statement that I do not follow the Montreals closely. I once owned one, then traded it away after a short while for something else. [In simplest terms, it looked better on the computer screen than on my small wrist, so away it went when something I really wanted came along.]

I generally think of very nice examples of the more common Montreals (white registers on blue dial) as being in the $1000 range, with aftermarket leather bands. On yours, add for the scarcity factor and the original bracelet, and I think that you did well. Not a steal, but certainly not over-paying.

. . . all this, in the humble opinion of someone who does not follow the "Montreal Market" with any real precision.

Enjoy the watch!!!

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Well I just bought this watch. Partly thanks to
: the info posted on this forum and onthedash
: so thanks guys. Just hope its in good
: condition when it arrives.

: Just one question what do you mean by strong
: price?

: Matt

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE