The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
2 diff. 1133G? Blue man. Monaco & tales

Hello honourable Heuer friends!

It has been a while since I was active in posting messages to OTD as work kept me very busy.
I wasn't sitting still however in enjoying my Heuer collection, making a purchase now and then and selling one or two.
Just now I bought a very nice Carrera 2447 with the black dial, a type which I haven't seen very often on E-bay the past few years. I can pick it up tomorrow and just cannot wait.
I had the pleasure to buy some very nice Monaco booklets and tags from Aussie Stewart Kay( thanks Stewart, it was a pleasure, I envie you sitting in the sun, enjoying the summer....)

I am also happy to be able to help Jack Wong from Singapore with his three dial all blue Monaco. I had one of these in the recent past and had it authenticated ( it that correct English?!?)by TAG Heuer. I found a copy of the letter which I received from TAG and faxed it to him. Turned out that his watch is 100% identical. I also send him a copy of a photo of the same watch from a watch book from 1998.Jack promised to post all this on OTD soon. Hope this will finish this often returning discussion on this manual Monaco.

Another one which I bought one month ago is an NOS Monaco 1133G. I will pick it up early February in Phoenix AZ while I am on a business trip there. This may seem akward to some of you but it saves me a lot of money.I asked the seller to send it to a friend of mine who lives in Fort Worth TX and will meet me in Phoenix. In this way I save approx 22% of VAT tax in my country and transport cost if I would have it sent. I just pick it up now in Phoenix, tie it to my wrist and enter the airplane to fly back to Europe.Feels like flying trans-continental for free...

Now here's my question. I noticed on the Heuer watch photo gallery on OTD that there are two types of the 1133G. One with the markers like the 1133B, another one with longish markers which direct to the center of the dial.Check out the Monaco photos on OTD to see what I mean.
Can somebody tell me a bit more of the background of this second category with the long, sticklike markers. When were they made, do they have another type description, are they different in value, do they have other differences?

Another question for the U.S. Heuer collectors: is there a nice vintage watch shop in Phoenix or are there no watches in the desert? And what's nice in Phoenix for a European tourist apart from checking out his 1133G all the time?

And of course, I wish the Heuer collectors community a fantastic Christmas this year.

OH YEAH, WHICH HEUER YOU WEAR FOR CHRISTMAS DINNER??????? HELP ME OUT, I HAVEN'T FIGURED OUT YET!

Best regards from a chilly North Sea coast in this great Batavian country.....

Ron Henselmans

Messages In This Thread

2 diff. 1133G? Blue man. Monaco & tales
DANK je well, merry Xmas to you too!
Question for you Doctor Cal. 12!
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE