The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Jeff and other autavia experts.....
In Response To: Unusual vintage Autavia? ()

do any of you have any knowledge of this version? i'm dying to find something out about this one. maybe a prototype? maybe made for a certain market only? maybe a couple of heuer watchmakers having some fun and making their own custom watch from heuer parts? ? maybe just a regular common cal 15 model i just missed seeing all these years? ? maybe a put together autavia with a custom refinished dial? ?

the dial on this one reminds me more of an omega style from that era than any heuer i have ever seen?

if anyone has any info, i'd love you to share it...and solve this mystery piece? thank you in advance for any info!

lastly, thanks Heat for taking the time and posting, so i might learn a thing or two about your watch. greatly appreciated.

j.h.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE