The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Another Photo from the Flieger Story / Israel

I posted this on another forum, and wanted to share the photo / summary with you guys. It is in response to some the remark that it is strange to have found this watch in Israel.

Isn't that one of the amazing things about this hobby: you go to Israel looking for Autavias and Eternas (during the few spare minutes of a vacation with my wife and five kids), and come home with a German pilots watch! In this instance, the owner had purchased the watch around 10 years ago, at a German watch fair.

When I have some time, I will write up the story of how I found this one and purchased it:

• Day One -- I meet the owner late at night, at a gas station between Tel Aviv (where he lives) and Jerusalem (where I am staying) . . . actual gas station is shown below . . . the orange sign above the door says, "Stop and Shop".
  • Day Two -- I visit a few cash machines, to round up a few thousands of shekels, and then meet the seller at a street fair, in Tel Aviv.

another great thing about this hobby: meet a true collector / enthusiast anywhere in the world, and you will have a great discussion over a cup of coffee.

Jeff

Messages In This Thread

Another Photo from the Flieger Story / Israel
You are right Jeff...
Thank u Jeff for the sory
Nissan -- It's Great to See You Here
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE