The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
autavia 11630

H ellow gents, i some questions regarding my autavia 11630.
looking at the on the dash website it states that there were vicroy autavia models which on collecting cig tokens you could purchase an autavia for 88.00 dollars back in the 1970s!
question is , i have the 11630 model with flat mineral glass and minute hour bezel,the bezel is of a lighter blue than the almost black dark blue dial! i belive my watch was sold through the normal heuer channels.
my question is ...
because of the cig offer on the viceroys,was my descibed watch quite rare?
i paid 750 GBP for last november, which i agree is full wack,but watch has heuer strap and buckle!
one problem with the watch is the bezel is iron man still,will poping the bezel off and oiling solve the problem?,or do i need to take it to a watch doctor ?
any advice would be grateful..
best
Darren uk

Messages In This Thread

autavia 11630
Called "Viceroys", but Sold Elsewhere (I Think)
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE