The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Jo Siffert wrong Bezel Insert?

Hi guys:
I am newbie to this forum so guide me. I have the Jo Siffert Heuer Ref. No. 73463-handwind with a date. I did some research since I noticed that the insert is totally different from all the unserts I came across here in this forum. It is not the usual black and white with the Tachymeter right after the white pointer and graduations from 400 to 63 but rather an orange triangle pointer graduations from 60 to 18 clockwise-40 orange mark at 30clock and the word "meters" covering 8 and 9 markers.The insert is black with white prints except for the orange colored pointer and the "40" at 3 oclock. Pretty sure this is not the original insert but it is not a big deal to me.Also the crystal has a little crack/chip at the edge between 1 and 2 markers. I just emailed jasper about these parts and the original SS band(in stock). Are there sources for inserts and crystals here in the US? And what about service? Any help and guidance will be truly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Mel

Messages In This Thread

Jo Siffert wrong Bezel Insert?
Bezel Insert from Autavia Diver (11630P)
Re: Bezel Insert from Autavia Diver (11630P)
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE