The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: A Couple of Questions
In Response To: A Couple of Questions ()

Jeff. I totally agree with the fun factor. Most of the people here visit this forum because they are real collectors or have a very special link to the brand. A "gadget" like such a case-back will be a nice addition for most of us.

However the problem will be to source extra casebacks...there are two possibilities:

First: The ones who don't mind to let their original caseback be transformed into a see-trough caseback. The negative point is that you will have to sacrifice an original caseback. A rough price-estimate will follow. Public prices will be slightly higher.

Second: The ideal situation would indeed be if we could source a load of extra casebacks so that we can keep our originals untouched. Once it's done there's no way back, that's obvious. I searched already the last couple of months to find a dealer or company which could supply me these casebacks. So far I didn't find anything that even comes close...I'm sure there are some people here on OTD that will be more succesfull to find appropriate casebacks. Maybe even Tag-Heuer would help us out with this issue??

Another issue: I've done these see-trough casebacks with some of my Autavia's and a Calculator. No problems had so far. These stainless steel alloys from the 1970's are real hard to manipulate in compairison with the more recent alloys where watchcases and casebacks are made from. I imagine people will be asking for other models as well, other brands...In fact that's all possible from the moment the caseback has a thickness of more than 1,25mm and it must have a round shape.

I hope we can have a nice discussion going on now and that, with time that passes, we will find a solution to the supply of additional casebacks...

Abel.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE