The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Visit TAG Heuer-update

Hello everybody,

I thought let's drop you an email on the proceedings of our planned visit to TAG-Heuer.
After launching the proposal on OTD and the various positive reactions I contacted TAG Heuer in Switzerland. I talked to the lady who is the contact person for the vintage service department. I had talked to her before on behalf of the 73663 Monaco with all blue dial two years ago.
I explained on the background of our group of collectors and our two binding factors: Heuer and Jeff's great OTD Heuer palace. Her first reaction was one of awe. She had never imagined that there is such a group of loyal Heuer fans.
She then said that September/October would make most sense. This, coincidents with our initial choice of months.
Anyhow, after some chitcat ( also regarding my visit to the Basel Watchfair and to meet there to discuss in detail) she asked to send a mail which I did.

This week I mailed her again asking whether the email had been received. She answered very prompty that it had arrived but that the responsible person was still abroad, so it had not yet been discussed in detail, only in brief.

Meanwhile I also corresponded with Jeff who offered his assistance and will be closely involved.Also Juko and Abel. Jasper came with interesting ideas to combine the visit with another watch show (when was that Jasper??)

For now I wait for the answer from Switserland, hopefully we will learn more next week.
Would be good if you all already check the agendas and let me know whether you are thinking of weekdays, a weekend or a mix of both. Maybe an overlap with a weekend makes most sense.

All the best

Ron

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE