The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
You inferred the denomination & the amount, not I…

Original message in this thread as posted:

NEW ROLEX DAYTONA 16528 18k

Posted By: Robert Hass <roberthasswatch@yahoo.com>
Date: 10/30/03 23:32 GMT

Gentlemen,
I want to sell Rolex Daytona Cosmograph 18K solid yellow gold. #16528
Champagne Dial / Black Subdials / Sapphire Crystal /Rolex Oyster Band 18K yellow gold / Flip-Lock Bracelet / Brand New Watch / retailers price is a bit more than 20.000 usd.
MY PRICE : MAKE YOUR BEST OFFER

BANK WIRE TRANSFERRING ONLY!
no cheques please. i pay overnight shipping. shipping from EUROPE, WILL SHIP WORLWIDE.please contact me at : roberthasswatch@yahoo.com
or call me : +371 6795460 daytime

feel free to send me your offers.

I emphasize this passage: "retailers price is a bit more than 20.000 usd."

My original reply to this first posted message:

I'll be happy to pay $20.00 USD for a New Daytona 18k… I've always liked the Early 1970's Daytona's or the Pre-Daytona Cosmographs, and I think I could flip this 18k Daytona for enough profit if I purchase it for $20.00 that I can afford one of the Stainless Steel one's I prefer.

So this one's all mine boys!!!

So here I am offering FULL Retail price (as you've defined it) and calling dibs!

Your reply:

THIS IS GOLD DAYTONA WATCH AND IT IS BRAND NEW. I'VE BEEN ASKING 10K FOR THIS ONE. $20.00 USD hehe are you kidding me?

Well, you posted the message, you inferred the denomination (usd) and the amount (20.000)... $20.000 usd is $20.00 US Dollars (insignificant digit dropped) you were seeking. I don't think that I am kidding. My offer was for what you quoted as a retail price. I don't see why you find the offer humorous. Please email me your bank information so I can get the money transfer in progress, I think $80 USD is a fair amount for insured express delivery from Europe, so we'll call it an even $100.00 USD

-- Chuck

P.S. Steve and the others... Sorry but I called Dibs on this one... This is key in the "Operation: Chucks Steel 1970's Daytona"... Better luck (and faster dibs posting next time)...

Chuck Maddox

(Article index @ http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html)

Non-Pasadena Pasadena Stainless 7750

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE