The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
This is the most expensive Silverstone... *PIC*

to be honest, not in marketvalue but in payments which has been made to get it decent.
I bought it last year for a relative high price, i fell in love and couldn't resist. So i paid too much. When it arrived, the bracelet was not original, my fault i thought " bracelets were easily to find and not really expensive". Fault nr 2, they are really expensive and scarce !!!
I searched for a nos bracelet and finally found one on the east coast ( thanks D.). While wearing it i noticed in a few days that setting the time right with turning the hands backwards didn't work anymore. It slipped, my local watchmaker looked at it and concluded that the base element, part nr 100, was totally weared out. Part nr 100 has to been changed, so i needed a donor movement because the base is not available. My watchmaker had an old cal 12 movement and used the needed part. Every part and wheel have been out and newly oiled and put together. The movement is now like new. The crystal was a little scratched so i bought a new crystal ( thanks J.). It is now OK for wearing but it has cost me almost $ 5,000.--.

A wise lesson: you better pay too much for a good watch!

thanks,

Juko

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE