The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Theme Scan Day Announcement

Other forums have 'em... We've been knocking around the idea off and on for months, it's high time we've formalized it.

Monday 10 November 2003 will be our first official Scan Day.

Why Monday when most other sites have Friday?

Well, a couple of reasons: First, since all other sites choose Friday, we wanted to distinguish ourselves from the pack, two, While Friday is a day most people look forward to, Having a scan day on Monday will be a nice pick-me-up for the beginning of most people's work week, Thirdly, it gives both Jeff and myself time Sunday evening to assist with people who are having trouble getting their scans to be accessible in time for Monday morning.

To start off with we are going to have a Theme Scan Day. We'll have a different theme for each scan day (with a themeless or open scan day thrown in every couple of weeks) as long as we have good topics or themes.

This weeks theme:

If you could only keep one timepiece from your entire collection, which one would it be??

So think about which watch in your collection would be the one you'd keep, and take some pictures. If you have difficulties posting pictures for viewing in the forum, contact Jeff or myself. Also if you have suggestions for other themes for scan day, forward them to Jeff or me!

Cheers and looking forward to next Monday!

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

(Article index @ http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html)

Non-Pasadena Pasadena Stainless 7750

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE