The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Yee-ouch! That's Daytona money (& I mean Rolex)... *LINK* *PIC*
In Response To: Siffert Chronomatic ()

: Hello. I'm sure some of you were also following
: the Chronomatic Siffert Autavia on Ebay.
: Ended up at 5.818 euro (approx.7100 usd). I
: couldn't believe my eyes...sure its a nice
: and very rare watch but at that price??!!

Yee-ouch! That's Daytona money (& I mean Rolex) Daytona Money. I mean, yes, the Chronomatic marked versions get a very definate premium, as do the box and papers. But nearly $8k?

As Jeff would say, at some point it ceases being about just the watch. At some point it becomes about having to have it or making sure the other fellow doesn't get it.

Jeff, as you were an early participant, any insights?

An initial thought: I'm not sure I'd even care to try to afford the US Customs Service bill for that one!

-- Chuck

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE