The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Viceroy Within Reach / Siffert will be Difficult
In Response To: Purchasing Autavia,Skipper ()

Mark:

Welcome to the Chronocentric Heuer Discussion Forum. It's a friendly bunch here, and it's always good to have a new participant.

In terms of your quest for a vintage Heuer chrono - - -

• the Sifferts are tough to find, at your budgeted price level or even significantly higher. There just haven't been many listed lately, on ebay or other sites.
  • the Viceroy should be a possibility, within your budget. it may not be NOS or mint, but $600 should get you one, if you are patient (or get lucky).
  • your best chance may be with "getting lucky". A couple of years ago, I saw a "true" Siffert Autavia (marked "Chronomatic"), listed on a classified board . . . the price was $499, with the bracelet. Just a few months ago, someone listed an Autavia GMT, manual wind, on ebay BuyItNow, for $9.95. So these things do happen, it's just a matter of being in the right place at the right time.

Best of luck with your search . . . let us know if you find something or need an opinion.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Hello,
: New to the forum so please take it easy on
: me;-)
: I have been looking for probably a year for a
: good Autavia preferably a Viceroy model or a
: Joe Siffert edition.I still have on of the
: Road & Track magazines where this watch
: was originally advertised. I want to pay
: somewhere between 4-600 USD. I have been
: outbid by the modem several times on
: ebay;-(. I have checked the links section
: but most of the Heuer's seem to have been
: either sold or are in the UK.The current
: exchange rate is not favorable at the
: moment.

: Can anyone direct to a better way to obtain one
: the timepieces. Also looking for a
: Skipper,Camaro or just your basic Tag F1.
: Any help is highly appreciated.
: Thanks in advance.

Messages In This Thread

Purchasing Autavia,Skipper
Viceroy Within Reach / Siffert will be Difficult
Re: Viceroy Within Reach / Siffert will be Difficu
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE