The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Add to Jeff's "Con's" for the Daytona...
In Response To: Great Question ()

:
: the Daytonas have: pretty colors neat,
: integrated bracelet nice wearable size great
: "Daytona" name, that worked for
: Rolex and Ferrari
: If I had to describe the negatives, they would
: be: maybe something "off" about
: the proportions -- small dial, in deep case
: paint that tended to go whacky over time
: maybe they will be next sleepers to wake up,
: and rise in value?

Not only is the dial small, the case is small compared with it's thickness. There's just simply something off about it's dimensions. Add to that it has an integrated bracelet, virtually all other Heuer offerings could be bought on either Bracelet or strap, with the Daytona, you had no option... You wore it on it's integral bracelet or your didn't wear it.

I mean I own one, bought from Jeff as a matter of fact, and it's nice, but there are better models to have in my opinion.

-- Chuck

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE