The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Updating Our Price Guide -- Need Input / Ideas

Dear Jeff,

Here some input from the Heuer side:

A)MINT-NOS MH AUTAVIAS

go for 1500-1700 Euro when:

they do have a bracelet and when they have the:

white dial (orange hands still)
silver dial (again orange hands)

B) THE 1984 AUTAVIA Series (including the PVD'S)

green version (seen 3 examples the last year): all between 1500 - 2500 Euro (from fair to NOS)

black version (seen 2 the last year):
all between 1200-1500 Euro (both where MINT)

grey version (seen 4 examples the last year):

all gone for 800- 1000 euro (all exclusive braclet; all in very good conditions)

GMT version (seen two the last year):
between 1500 - 2000 euro (whilst the latter one was NOS)

Diver 100 version

Would say between 2300 and 2800 euro

C) Autavia in general: if there is one in MINT conditions: no matter which auto version, but with bracelet: all 1000 euro: however I would not include this in the table...they where all realy mint (not very good)

D) Silverstone

I can only tell about the 5100 version sold both of my NOS models for 2500 euro including box, papers and warranty card.... nothing else popped up on the free market

However the normal Silverstone did drop ....in the past where closer to the Monaco...now I have the feeling we all have three colors in our collection :-)

E) Calculators: go for 1000-1200 euro with bracelet

F) GMT's auto: do stop at 1500-1800 USD
G) GMT manuals: bargains

H) PVD

The Carrera Lemania 5100 I saw 5 times the last year all for 1200-1500 usd. The Silver version was sold onece I think for 1400 usd: NOS.

I) Monacos

One year ahead it was possible to purchase an auto with bracelet with black dial for 2400-2800 Euro. Also the silver dial cal 15.

NOW they all range between 3500 and 3800 euro.

However as outlined I am not a Monaco freak....the blue dial gone crazy when NEW OLD Stock...upto 7500-8000 USD....

J) Siffert Autavias: pretty stable. Despite the crazy chronomatic of last week.

K) Decompression Diver Autavia: All between 1200-1400 euro: when MINT and with bracelet (saw 6 last year).

L) daytonas: tricky topic but I feel they go for 1000 at present for the blue dial . With smoked no idea...

M) Bracelets:

Monaco = 800 euro with end links
Autavia rice grain droped from 300 to 350 euro
Autavia plated: increased from 300 to 350 euro
Autavia auto boxed: go crazy between 380-420 USD
original booklets: go crazy at 200-250 euro

So as natual these are my own observations. I recommend not to discuss them here on the board: but just collect them: Jeff is doing a good job here.

May be we can agree to delete our postings after we gave input and summarize in the JEFF table..otherwise it will get confusing....

Alex

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE