The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
prototype 1000m divers

Hi All,

I thought you might be interested in seeing two prototype Heuer 1000m dive watches I recently aquired .

These watches came from the G.Monnin where they had been since the mid 70's after Heuer approached them to produce a 1000m dive watch for evaluation. Stainless monocoque case very similar to the 702 Caribbean even down to the splayed lugs ,high dome very thick crystal, screw down crown and similar dive table bezel , came with two spare bezels also. The dial is marked 200m professionel but the back of the watch is marked SUPERWATERPROOF 100 ATM AUTOMATIC INCABLOC STAINLESS STEEL , the orange dial has serial number 1698 and the black dial 1759. The seller told me they have FE 3611 movements but I don't trust myself to pop the bezel and have a look , I'll get my watchmaker to do that tomorrow, it'll be interesting to see if they have the screw down ring under the bezel like Caribbeans have too.
I'd appreciate any comments .

Thanks,
Ron

Messages In This Thread

prototype 1000m divers
Re: prototype 1000m divers
Re: prototype 1000m divers
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE