The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
EBay = Strategy Game
In Response To: EBay ()

In my view, ebay is a big strategy game, with many competing forces. Sometimes I care a lot about winning (and other times it doesn't matter much); sometimes I know exactly what an item is worth (and other times, I have no idea at all); sometimes I want to look big and strong (other times I will hope to go unnnoticed); sometimes I will yield so that a friend can have a better shot at the piece (and sometimes it's more of "may the best man / high bidder win" [hello there, YY!!]); sometimes I can sit at the machine and snipe . . . etc., etc., etc.

All this just as a prelude to my view that much of ebay is about strategy . . . sometimes sniping is a part of that strategy / sometimes it isn't.

Sniping itself is not good or bad . . . it is simply a technique that can be used in a variety of situations, to achieve a variety of results . . . some of them good, some of them bad.

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE