The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
New 60's racing Heuer-like limited edition chrono *PIC*

Greetings all

Here’s some info on a fantastic new release I thought might be of interest to some to the OTD crew.

A historic racing and watch enthusiast friend of mine here in Australia recently launched a special new chronograph he has personally designed and produced in a limited edition, for fellow like minded enthusiasts. He’s called his brand Scuderia Rosso, the connection being obvious.

The watch is a great piece in itself, and pays homage to the best of the 50’s and 60’s chronos and also in particular the instruments on the dash in vintage sports racing cars. It is a limited edition of 250, of which each piece is individually numbered.

I was fortunate to secure case #119, which was special for me as 119 is the registration plate my vintage 911 has worn since it was first registered here in Australia in 1965. Cool.

The watch has been crafted with a quality Swiss movement, and has a brilliant presentation box containing the instructions, design, development and provenance info and some outstanding atmospheric vintage racing pictures set on card that have been licensed from the famous Klemantaski collection for this chrono release. The case back has a brilliant and authentic rendition of a St Christopher medal (my 911 has had one on it’s dash since 1965, too), you vintage racing enthusiasts will appreciate the significance of this. Quality and special-ness all the way. The bottom subdial measures tenths of a second: so it's great to observe in operation- this chrono 1/10's measure is rare in itself too.

All in all a brilliant, quality package with a great timepiece and really interesting presentation. It’s so nice I’m reluctant to wear mine…..hence the protective decaling on my watch in the pictures…..hmmmm, might have to get another just to wear and beat the hell out of.

There are a few of the 250 pieces left, so if you have an interest zip me an email at heuermonaco@hotmail.com and I can put you in touch with Pat. I have no financial interest in the project, am just a friend, but thought there may be a few of my fellow Heuer enthusiasts who might like one as a cool daily wearer or to add to their collection. Pictured with my Carrera Dato 12 for a size comparison.

The best part……on current exchanges should work out to be less than $US900 per piece: priced by a true enthusiast for enthusiasts. Be quick if interested…...

I'm yet to master multiple picture posting, so pics will be over a couple of extra posts.

Regards

SC Kay.
Melbourne, Australia

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE