The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Cleaner Dial Without the Tachy
In Response To: Carrera 12 preference ()

In my sense of aesthetics, the cleaner the dial, the better the look. So all else being equal, I'll take the dial without the tachy if given the choice. The Carreras are the ultimate in the clean dial, with the inner bezel providing the 1/5th markings. Carreras tend to be white, so the blacks seem to be rarer . . . opposite with the Autavias.

To actually use a Tachy is a rare event . . . On the other hand, I use a rotating Minute / Hour bezel with some frequency (to mark when to take the brownies out of the oven, to mark when the enduro began, to mark when the parking meter expires, etc.) . . . which is why I prefer the Autavias . . . but you didn't ask about that, did you!!

The black Carrera 12s are great . . . GO FOR IT!!

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: I'm been looking to buy a carrera 12 tachy for
: quite some time, but have stumbled across a
: black faced carrera 12 which looks
: appealing. Just wondering which watch this
: gang would go for (and why), given the
: choice.

: I've been leaning toward the tachy because I
: actually do race cars and, although I
: wouldn't use the tachy except for fun, I
: like the concept behind it.

: That said, it seems that the black faced
: carrera 12s hold (and maybe increase) their
: value better and are more rare.

: Obviously, I think both look stunning. (and,
: unforunately, I can't justify purchasing
: both) :)

: Any input would be appreciated.
: Thanks!

Messages In This Thread

Carrera 12 preference
Cleaner Dial Without the Tachy
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE