The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
You Guys are Correct . . .
In Response To: Re: Trick question?! ()

it's impossible to trick you guys!!

yes, it's the same Monaco, with photos taken on the same night. the "brushed gray" color was taken with incandescent lights; the black dial was flourescent lights (supposedly color-balanced flourescent lights). And David A. is correct, that the marks on the continuous seconds needle provide a unique "finger-print" for this chrono.

I have just about concluded that it is impossible to get good results with the flourescent lighting, at least with my camera and set-up. We get a dramatic shot, with excellent detail on the hands and markings on the dial, but it was very difficult to capture the color of the dial. so I did some relatively minor corrections with the darkness / saturation / brightness, and the floursecent lighting gives us the mysterious Black Monaco.

I was fairly satisfied with the results of the incandescent lighting, at least for a quick "head shot".

I hope that everyone will enjoy their weekends (and their Heuers)!!

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE