The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Two Randon Thoughts on Two Watches

the Targa Florio is the re-issue that I wish had caught on / done better. They are really nice looking (to my eye), and have a strong visual connection to the fliegers of the 1930's and 1940's (that I like so much). But it seems that they never really "caught on" with today's buyers. Of course, the connection to the Targa Florio is more of a marketing concept than any historical reality.

the Oris Chronoris is the "re-issue" that I wish Heuer had made. Add an hour recorder, add a "Siffert" color scheme, maybe even a GMT version, and this would be "IT" -- the re-issue that I would actually spend my own money to own!!

great discussion!!

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE