The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Bury this watch... *PIC*

Here's my choice.
I'm going with this early 1970s Heuer Camaro that I found on a dealer's website. Here's the description:

Heuer - Camaro Ref#73343 - Stainless Steel - Near Mint - 17 Jewel Manual Wind, CAL Valjoux 7733, Silver Original Dial, Steel & Black Hands and Markers, 30 Minute Register at 3:00, Subsidiary Seconds at 9:00, Acrylic Crystal, Screw Back, Signed Heuer Crown, 37mm Case, Completely Serviced, 120 day service warranty, Priced at $1,450.00

Why do I think this Camaro will increase in value? First off, one of the negatives of the watch now is it's name. People think of Z-28s driven by guys with mullets blasting Poison over the stereo.
In five years, the next generation Camaro will have been on the market for a while and the stigma will have been erased, replaced by a bit of a cachet.
Next, the Camaro is a distinctive watch. There are lots of watches from other manufacturers that resemble the Carrera and the Autavia. But love it or hate it, Camaro is quite unique. Its square styling is reminiscent two of the most collectable Heuers, the Monaco and the Silverstone.
And finally, I know that the best Camaros are somewhat over $1,500 so I had to make a choice. So I sacrificed a little technical complexity in favor of styling. I went with a two register non date model, but with a cool dial. And the budget just doesn't allow for a bracelet. The worms can eat the strap.
(FWIW, I'm not enough of an expert to know if this watch is original or not. For the sake of the game, let's pretend it is, because there are other Camaros available for this money.)

There's my Coffee Can Chrono pick. I'm winding it up, sealing it up, digging a hole and crossing my fingers. Can you top it?
best
Allen St. John

P.S. You don't have to include a dealer description or completed e-bay auction, but being concrete and specific if you can does add to the fun.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE