The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Scan Day -- If I Could Only Have One *LINK*

If I had to choose only one Heuer to keep, it would be this Autavia, the very first version of the Autavia chronograph, as introduced in 1963.

The Autavia is my favorite of the Heuer chronographs for several reasons:

• clean design
  • great legibility
  • the usefulness of a rotating bezel

Each of these features charcterized the Autavia throughout its years of production, but in terms of the overall package, I think that Heuer got it right the first time, with the very first model introduced in 1963. To my eye, the large registers and dauphine hands set this one apart from all the later Heuer chronographs. So if I could only keep one Heuer timepiece, this would be the one.

The link below will take you to some additional photographs of this Autavia, as well as a second sample of this version (just in case something were to happen to the one shown above).

Jeff

Messages In This Thread

Scan Day -- If I Could Only Have One *LINK*
Nice!!!! good pick if you---
Re: Scan Day -- If I Could Only Have One
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE