The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Of Carrera's, Speedmasters & shots across the

It's true, there are some very Carrera elements in there but it doesn't appeal to me. External bezel doesn't say Carrera to me at all. Still, they're nice watches I guess.

Of all the reeditions, TAG seem to make most free and easy with the Carreras - in the UK, at least, the vast majority at any AD tend to be watches rather than chronos. For me, a Carrera should be a tool watch - I am allowed to think of my 371 as a tool watch, right? ;)Guess that's where the mass market is.

Good point on leaving the name off on those original reeditions Chuck - could be tricky on one of the typical fuzzy 'bay photos...

Both are nice watches Ralph - good luck with the purchase - and be careful it doesn't become a case of not either/or, but both!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE