The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Carrera lugs unique but like Speedy's

The Lugs on the latest re-issue are the same as the original . The Monza style was used later on the first automatics but the Carrera we all dream about has flat , not curved, Bombay style lugs . Someone should check when the Speedy original 321 went from "normal?" lugs to the Curved Bombay lugs and which was first, Carrera or Speedmaster Pro Moon?
I hope I'm not stepping on toes but there are a few Carreras on the OTD Carrera Page that do not have the correct lugs ( and one does not have the correct hands ) .The books all seem to have the manual wind Carreras with that flat Carrera/Bombay style lugs .There are no other cases with Carrera style lugs unlike the Bombay lugs .
PS if you have ever worked on a 7750 you tend to dislike the watches that use them .

: It's true, there are some very Carrera elements
: in there but it doesn't appeal to me.
: External bezel doesn't say Carrera to me at
: all. Still, they're nice watches I guess.

: Of all the reeditions, TAG seem to make most
: free and easy with the Carreras - in the UK,
: at least, the vast majority at any AD tend
: to be watches rather than chronos. For me, a
: Carrera should be a tool watch - I am
: allowed to think of my 371 as a tool watch,
: right? ;)Guess that's where the mass market
: is.

: Good point on leaving the name off on those
: original reeditions Chuck - could be tricky
: on one of the typical fuzzy 'bay photos...

: Both are nice watches Ralph - good luck with
: the purchase - and be careful it doesn't
: become a case of not either/or, but both!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE