The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: I hope you are kidding! *PIC*
In Response To: I hope you are kidding! ()

Scott
That's a travesty. Using power tools on a fine watch like that.
I'm a very good painter. I can usually get two coats of paint on 10 by 12 room in a day including the ceiling. Okay, 45 minutes might be rushing it, but why can't I paint a whole tiny little watch in an hour?
But I only use the best paint--Benjamin Moore and one of them permanent Sharpies not just one out of the kids art drawer.
But tell me, did you take the watch apart first?
Another question--why bother? Them ugly blue square watches seem like they're a dime a dozen round here. Ain't some guy got like 12 of 'em or something. Must own a octapus too.
Enough gabbin, gotta get back to paintin. I think the first coat's just about tacky.
One more question--I kind like them three dial ones.Will putting a little smiley face sticker over the date thing and then painting it black hurt the value of the watch at all?
This is the one i mean, except that it won't be all nasty and suntanned like this one here. Who, on earth, would wear a thing like that? Must be a poor guy who found it while digging through the trash. I got a timex I'd trade him. Don't need no winding or anything.
allen

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE