The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Oh to be able to buy from AW today!

: You could buy special wire to wind on the
: armature of your slot car motor and Weber
: DCOE carbs on the same order form, not to
: mention a full range of Heuer stuff.

Actually, my first order was for slot car components and I got both the motorsports and the hobbiest magazines after that. I wasn't complainin'!

: Remember Oscar's Mclaren M8 with the slot
: car graphics? Number 54!

PRDA and all that, yeah... If I had any idea I'd be thinking back so fondly at this stage in my life I would have been pro-active at storing those old catalogs.

: My Heuer has "Swiss Made" on the dial
: and back, does that narrow it down? Thanks!
: Peter

Unfortunately, I don't have any knowledge of two-register models [sans 12-Hour register] which is right outside my knowledge/interest sphere. So unless someone else happens along, this is more your detective story. Sorry! But at least I'm pointing you in a couple of good directions.

-- Chuck

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE