The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
No, Jeff, *You* Da Man...

...actually you all da man. Thanks for the advice and the support and the friendship.
I believe in the power of great objects. Every well made thing is the sum of a 1,000 decisions great and small, and in the end, you are what you make and you make what you are.
I found it really interesting looking at the Faberge collection at the Richmond Museum, where each piece had a brief description including the name of the "supervising goldsmith" who was essentially its designer. Before too long I identify a Henrik Wigstrom or a Michael Perchin as easily as I can distinguish a Monet from a Manet.
BTW, who's the brains behind this Siffert thing? Was it Jack Heuer? Or some other talented designer?
One other good thing about this watch. It's an early one--polished hands, which puts it to around 1969 which is right around when I got my own first watch--a little glow in the dark black face army watch with an olive fabric band, followed quickly by one on an expansion "bracelet" which had a gemini capsule orbiting the dial as a second hand.
But I digress. As far as global history goes, this "Siffert" was made while Seppi was still alive. That's nice.

best
Allen

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE