The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
could do better

:
: Wow, Bruce!! That is some photograph.

: I would say that in terms of the quality of the
: photography, the Scan Day saved the best for
: the last.

: Shot on large format film then scanned?? I'm
: not asking for all your secrets, but give us
: point-and-shoot digital amateurs a hint.
: Maybe we will feel better if you tell us
: that this is a big $$$,$$$.$$ set-up, in the
: hands of a top professional still-life
: photographer.

: thanks for the great photo.

: Jeff

: +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
: hi jeff

sorry to say it only took 5 mins. i should have taken a little more time then there wouldn't be finger marks on the side of the case. my advantage was that usable lighting was already in place from a sunday supplement shoot, so it was a case of grabbing a digital slr camera and snapping it. (camera was a nikon d1x with 60mm macro lens for what it's worth)

photoshop helped to make it look a little like the Montreal double page spread seen in the 1973 Heuer catalogue, which was the aim.

a quick check shows that this catalogue is not on 'on the dash' so i will try and find the retouched original picture (as it's a dps it has a gutter running through the middle of it) and post it up tonight

what's the next scan day theme?

bruce

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE