The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Keep in mind the US Dollar
In Response To: Re: Keep in mind the US Dollar ()

: A year ago $1,000.00 US dollars was the same as
: $1,500.00US today . But you are correct sir
: that is beaucoup argentés FOR Merde . Pardon
: my French

Doug
The exchange rate isn't helping, certainly, but there was an Autavia GMT, recently serviced, on an aftermarket bracelet for $1800 in June, and as Abel had a really nice one for around 1500 Euros (If memory serves me correctly--the listing has been deleted) which is under $2k.
But E-bay's a strange place. I saw plenty of Omegas and Heuers go for decent money with pics so bad you couldn't tell if they were real or fake.
On the other hand, at a time when decent Speedy Pro's were going for around $1500 give or take, I managed to buy one on a bracelet, from a reputable seller with pics that could be authenticated, for $823.
The fact that it closed at 10pm on Easter might have helped, but you never know.
In the guitar world I've seen friends have the same weird experiences, buying frankenguitars for real money, and then having great guitars go for 40 cents on the dollar with a Buy It Now that's set way too low.
(Imagine a legit vintage Monaco with a cracked crystal and no strap for a BIN of $1200.)

best
Allen

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE