The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Displya Backs for Vintage Autavias?

: Good people?
Probably not all of us (or at least not all the time)...
: I'm wondering, does anyone make a display back
Yep.
: for a vintage automatic Autavia, i.e. an
: 1163 Siffert?
Any caseback, as long as it has a 1,1mm thickness and is a srew-down type caseback.
: The original back isn't much to look at (unlike
: the back on my Omega Speedmaster) so it
: seems like a natural.
Can see your point here concerning your Speedmaster. And with these beautyfull Caliber11/12 movements there is also beauty inside of these watches
: That said, is this bad form to pimp out a tool
: watch in this way?
: Am I about to commit a fashion Faux Pas, and
: earn myself a place on Mr.Maddox's Worst
: Dressed Wrist List?
Not at all! Don't do things other people like or prefer, be your own and make your own choices and preferences! Altough I would recommend you to keep the original caseback in it's original state and search for another Heuer Autavia caseback to perform this transformation.

: best
: Allen

Cheers
Abel.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE