The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Autavia font and Heuer shield...
In Response To: New one... new lesson *PIC* ()

Nice buy Shaun!! Watch seems to be in very nice condition, especially the bezel and case are in a perfect condition.

I also noticed the smaller Heuer shield and the smaller Autavia font. Dial seems to be 100% original though!

My most recent buy, a 1163T, also has this size of lettering on the dial, here's a pic:

This is a picture of my other Siffert with "normal" Heuer shield and Autavia font.

The two Siffert's together:

I'm convinced this is 100% original, however I do not have a valid explaination for this...anyone elso maybe??

Messages In This Thread

New one... new lesson *PIC*
Autavia font and Heuer shield...
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE