The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Identifying the Watches / Next, the Participants
In Response To: PVD & Cortina ()

one reader has correctly identified the watches; here is his response, naming the watches, along with my comments:

• Heuer Carrera 1964 –- Correct; it’s the “Grail” 2447 SN (black-on-white); I received this one a few months ago, will photograph and soon add to OTD.

• Abercrombie & Fitch Auto-graph Worn by Jeff – Correct; the 1953 (first) version, with the larger registers

• Rolex Double Red Sub 1680 – Correct; the famous DRSD, in the so-called Mark II Version (or is it Mark Two) . . . dial has gone toward chocolate, as it should in this series

• IWC Ocean 2000 – Correct, I believe; also called the Ocean Bund . . . first time that I had seen it “in the metal”; awesome watch; velcro strap is really neat!!

• Rolex Explorer II – Correct; the famous “Orange Hand” Rolex . . . some affiliation with Steve McQueen, though the details are unclear

• Heuer Cortina 510.513 – Correct; I received it last week, and cannot stop wearing the thing!! Beautiful dial colors and pattern

• Heuer Monaco PVD 74033 – Correct; the much-debated “PVD Monaco” . . . about which we will write more, in the near future.

NEXT . . . we will meet the participants and see the location.

It would be great for readers to comment on these watches.

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE