The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Autavia 11630 / Cal 12 - problem with second hand

Quick query - apologies if this has been covered before - I've searched and not found anything.

When resetting the chronograph, the second hand doesn't generally reset to exactly 0 / 12 o'clock, generally falling somewhere between 1 and 2 seconds short. From one point of view, it's not a massive problem as I'd rarely if ever use the chronograph function, on the other, it's annoying to have a flaw in an otherwise flawless watch.

Does anybody have any experience or knowledge of this, what the cause is and if it's a symptom of anything serious? I also have a Carerra with a Cal 12 movement, that one reliably zips straight back to 0 every time.

Cheers

Messages In This Thread

Autavia 11630 / Cal 12 - problem with second hand
Re: Autavia 11630 / Cal 12 - problem with second h
Re: Autavia 11630 / Cal 12 - problem with second h
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE