The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Interesting Message / Not Sure You Help Yourse *PIC*

Jeff - your right and you can delete the negative comments if you want. I just kind of lost it there after I saw that one - a Venus 170 in a Heuer - that never happened ever. I just get really irate when I see all of the vintage fakes out there and its getting harder and harder to tell some of them from the real thing. In another few years, even the pros will be fooled. Craig
PS - I saw your post about the old Omega. I only have one Omega - pictured below. Had to have the dial redone but it turned out rather nice anyway.

:
: your message is interesting, in terms of its
: horological information and recommendations.

: I don't consider myself to be a
: "do-gooder" or a guardian of
: political correctness, but I wonder whether
: you help or hurt your "message"
: with its tone -- specifically, the attack on
: South American countries, as such, and the
: challenge to readers who may disagree with
: your tone.

: In my view, you do better to stick to the
: facts. But you may choose to set another
: tone, within the bounds of internet
: etiquette / community standards. I expect
: that you will get a better conversation
: going, if you set a better tone for the
: discussion.

: Jeff

:
: ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE