The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Built Carrera...

I have had this used but original Heuer dial for several years now hoping to find the rest of the parts to build one of these. I finally gave up because the case is all but impossible to find. The dial is for a Landeron cal 189 and I have only seen one other with the date at 12 (most are at 9 with no sub second). So over the last couple of weeks I put this one together from a bunch of spare parts. It turned out rather nice even if not original. Don't worry, I am NOT going to sell it - its just for my own use and besides, I refuse to pay over $1000 for a Landeron based chrono when I can buy a much better vintage Heuer for the same money. Craig

Auction Templates By DeadZoom.com

Messages In This Thread

Built Carrera...
Re: Built Carrera... *LINK* *PIC*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE