The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Suspicious ebay listing
In Response To: Suspicious ebay listing ()

Jeff,

I think I know the answer to this warning. It's probably put on auction by the guy who runs Vintage Heuer.You can see on this website that his name is Jonathan P. The name of E-bay seller is Jon7455. Can be a coincidence but I do not think it is.
This Jonathan is pretty active on E-bay. Have you ever noticed the name "Jissy" under the bidders.You see a lot of bidding from him on Heuers lately. Well, that name is related to Vintage Heuer as well. I know because he bid on one of my watches as well.

So, no crookery, just somebody who tries to market his watch and pump up the price.

You remember when the website was launched, this was reported to the forum from several sides. All positive reactions. This was evidently also a coordinated action to promote the website as they all came from the UK.

Regards
Ron

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE