The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Surfin' around YouTube, found these:

Trailer video made by Anttl2 about the movie LeMans...

Clips from the movie Le Mans to the song Broken Wings by Alterbridge:

LeMans [Movie] - The Race Start:

And the race sequence at the end of the film [Spoiler alert]:

LeMans [behind the scenes making of]:

1971 Gulf Oil Ad [no sound, sadly]:

Nice History/Drive of the Porsche 917:

I gotta get me one of these!

And I disagree with the sentiment at the beginning of Discovery Channel clip:

In fact, a 4 year old GT-40 won LeMans in 1969 against a 917 [which admittedly was still being sorted out]. What really made the GT-40 obsolete was Ford's waning support of racing teams [Shame on Bill Ford for that] using essentially a 5 year old design. Sadly the Porsche 917 also didn't have the chance to continue racing until it was obsolete as the sanctioning board legislated them out of the sport.

Drive It - Porsche 917 DW [Deutche Welle] reports in 2006 about the revival of 917-024:

Purporedly a 917 taking a lap at LeMans [unknown year] Check out how long the Musaine straight is!:

Compare with this video from inside a GT-40 in 1969:

Top Gear [Jeremy Clarkson] - Ford GT [New retro GT-40]:

More on the Ford GT and the Ford GTX1 [!] with Jeremy Clarkson:

New Ford GT spanks a Lamborghini Murciolago on the freeway:

Ford GT Then & Now [clip show]:

Ford GT Filmed doing 205mph:

I love exploring YouTube!

-- Chuck

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE