The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Carrera Dato 12 - Tritium dial variation? *LINK*

Carrera Dato 12-

This afternoon I sent Jeff a note about how much I dig my Carrera Dato 12....I was wearing it today for the first time in months and months.

Tonight enthusiastically opening up the OTD site I see that there may be a further dial variation, as mine has a "T" above the lower register whilst the one sold on the auction site recently, and the other on OTD, doesn't have this "T" marking.

I know mine's dial has not been touched as I bought it from the orginal owner......so- did Heuer use Tritium up to a point and then cease using it, in turn dropping the "T"? Also, some of the Black dial white register versions have a red date crescent, some have blue.....?

By the way, has anyone a spare "correct" Dato 12 second hand?

Cheers

Stewart.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE