The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Siffert and Carl Edwards(?!) My Heuer on WSJ.com *LINK*

Good people
Last week I had the opportunity to interview NASCAR driver Carl Edwards for WSJ.com. Although I fretted some about which shirt to wear, there was no question about which watch: my Siffert.
You can see the interview--and the watch--on Youtube. The watch shows up best around 1:06.
I found out--too late--that Jackie Stewart had been in for an interview a couple weeks before. I told Edwards and he seemed to know what I was talkign about, so props to Carl.
BTW, I've shed 32 pounds total, and the clasp on the Siffert is down to the second from last notch.
best
Allen St. John

Messages In This Thread

Siffert and Carl Edwards(?!) My Heuer on WSJ.com *LINK*
You lucky dog! Carl is the driver I root for...
Re: You lucky dog! Carl is the driver I root for..
Yeah, I could see that...
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE