The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
LVMH should, how do you feel about Toronto, ON?

Need to overhaul my Pasadena...please help?

Posted By: em3 (cpe-66-65-115-200.nyc.res.rr.com)

Date: 10/11/07 13:45:31 GMT

Hello, I need to have my recently acquired Heuer Pasadena serviced (most likely complete overhaul). Does anyone know if LVMH in NJ will still work on a Pasadena…

Well, since the Pasadena is powered by a Valjoux 7750 and TAG-Heuer has several 7750 based models in their current catalog, I don't see why they wouldn't work on one. Especially if you're only asking for movement overhaul and perhaps the seals renewed.

if yes, what might I expect t pay for a movement overhaul?

I don't know, as I've never used them for movement work. But if I were to guess, based on what Omega and other firms typically charge for similar vintage watches, I'd guess somewhere in the $250-400 range.

Also, can anyone please recommend a reliable watch maker in NYC that is handy with the Valjoux 7750 chrono mvmt…

How about Toronto, Ontario Canada? I've used Shane Ede several times and I know quite a few people who also use him.
SHANE EDE: Clock and Watch Repairs:

again, what is a ballpark cost estimate for a 7750 overhaul?

Unless Shane had changed his rates [pretty unlikely considering the strength of the Canadian Dollar] probably in the $150-175 range. It will probably take a couple of weeks for him to get your watch through customs and back to you [again customs] but he'll likely be just as quick overall as LVMH New Jersey.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Shane came highly recommended to me by a couple of fellow collectors that I respect, so I recently (September 2003) sent him two chronographs to work on, a Certina 7750 and a Mistral Timing Lemania 5100, he called me a week and a half later to say the watches were done and ready to ship out for a shipped cost of $300 US for the pair. Which I feel is pretty reasonable all in all. He stripped them down, cleaned them, did the necessary repairs, reassembled and tested them. He said that he had worked on them for the better part of two and a half days. Now this is my first experience with Shane, but I had a very good experience with him.

Here are a few others: One [mentioned in Paragraph two], Two, Three.

A couple of things about Shane... Since he is in Canada, be sure to ask him how to send the watch in order to avoid customs hassles. Second, he doesn't even own a computer, so you will have to call him and talk with him personally, his number is on the web page that I linked you to. Third, he's a talker, on your dime or his, he likes to talk which is very refreshing in a watchmaker. He's a real down to earth guy who's a pleasure to work with.

Tell Shane I sent you!

Best of fortune!

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

Chronographs, like most finer things in life, only improve with time...
Watch Article index: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html,
Watch Links Page: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/watch.html,
Watch Blog: http://chuckmaddoxwatch.blogspot.com/.

Non-Pasadena Pasadena Stainless 7750

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE