The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Heuer Trivia! *LINK* *PIC*

Hi guys,

Haven't been around for a while as I ahve been extra busy.

I watched a movie the other night adapted form the Frank Sillman novel 300. i was great and worth a watch but even though it was set in almost 500BC. Watches still managed to get in there..

The story is from the Battle of Thermopylae (Greece), were 300 hundred Spartans made a stand for freedom against Xerxes the God King and the Persian Empire.

Where is the Horological connection you ask ?

The King of the Spartans was called Leonidas....

Sound familiar?

Regards

Alistair

This is a ad still from the film and cut 'n' paste this code for the U-Tube Trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDiUG52ZyHQ

Messages In This Thread

Heuer Trivia! *LINK* *PIC*
Correction.
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE