The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
my personal opinion
In Response To: Buy This Watch . . . Now ! ! ! ()

Hello and good day,
my honest opinion is that the watch is qite nice and cool, I like huge divers watches and I also own 2 vintage pieces from Sinn he sold in the 1970s. One of these 2 for example uses the same case the Blancpain 50 fathoms Military watch uses (crown at 4).
On the new limited Caliber 12 watch I have to admit that the Name and Label Guinand just does not justify this price. We all surely like to invest our hard earned Dollars, Euros or Yen on a in value basis durable watch. But unfortunately the Chronosport and Guinand watches Mr. Sinn is assembling since he sold Sinn, are far away from the ones produced under the brandname Sinn regarding reputation and other market relevant characteristics. This is surely just my personal opinion. I`d always prefer to spend maybe 800.- US$ for a vintage Diver Sinn than a 4 times higher price for a limited new watch.
Sincere greetings,
Ralf

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE